Skip to main content

Oh the places you'll go!

Here I am in an unfamiliar world of blogging.

First things first, I don't usually blog about life, world events, and other shenanigans. I'm the person that would listen to the media and talk to other people what do they think, how would they react and what they would do. It's quite fascinating that so many people on the planet has their own opinions, and there is always a different opinion that we would never even thought of before. Each person has their own opinions and their own stories to tell.

Let me tell you my story. 

It's the late fall of 2006 and the weather has swift cold winds and leaves are crumbling to the ground. A small yellow school bus pulls up to the drop off and I grab my backpack with a sigh and off to school I went. Wandering down the hallway of Grayslake North High School, I see bulletins of joining the Yearbook Club and I thought to myself, "That would be fun because I love writing and taking pictures, maybe later when I have the time."

Mid August of 2010, it was a humid day in Rochester, New York when I first got my dorm key for college. I was meeting my roommate, Sara Jane for the first time ever. She was coming from Toronto, Canada from seeing the Harry Potter exhibit with her family. (I was super jealous with her seeing the exhibit by the way) While setting up in my dorm room with her, I was feeling nervous, excited, scared, and so eager to start something new of my life and to share with my roommate as well. Few weeks later, we both went to our first official college class and while walking to my class, I saw a bulletin to join the 'Reporter" club. The 'Reporter' is the school's newspaper, kind of like New York Times or The Tribune but with less pages and with colors as well. It's more of a magazine feel with good articles and we all dislike this, it comes with ads. (ew) When I saw that bulletin, and I thought to myself, "That seems cool, working with a college newspaper. Maybe later."

Beginning of August 2015, it was a sweltering, parching sunny day in Paris, Texas, here I am, sitting on my iMac typing this up. A few of my friends has a blog, and I've read some and it got me thinking. "Why the hell didn't I join the Yearbook club in high school or the 'Reporter' club when I had the chance? What made me NOT want to join at that time?" Who knows. Maybe it wasn't my time, maybe today IS my time to start a blog. You only live one lifetime and it's more of why the hell not? It wouldn't hurt to start something new, something you haven't done before and who knows? Maybe I would like it. Oh, the places I'll go with this brand new blog and I'm thrilled to see where this goes.

Comments

  1. I regret not working for CAB! I totally understand where you're coming from, but I look forward to seeing what you'll write about!

    Your next blog idea--how to be married? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One in Four

"It's gone." May 22nd, 2018  6:00 am  May 1st, 2018, I had a hunch that I was pregnant when I was eating cheese ravioli few nights before. I felt sick when I was eating it and that was unusual because who doesn't love ravioli? Obviously I did. So I searched for my pregnancy test in one of the moving boxes. (I JUST moved to Chicago from Corpus Christi) Grabbed a cup and peed in it, then put the stick in the cup for few seconds and I put the stick face down on the bathroom counter and left. The feeling of getting a positive test was terrifying but exciting, and the feeling of getting a negative was also a relief but upsetting. I came back knowing it was going to be negative so I picked it up and saw two pink stripes. For the first time since Nick and I got married, I FINALLY got pregnant after what I thought was impossible. Instantly the wave of emotions hit me; excitement, fear, joy, anxiety, blessed and worried. But it was mostly excitement because I fina...

26

Today is my birthday.  4 more years until I hit 30.  24 more years until I hit 50.  It's weird how time works and how incredibly fast time flies. The birthdays I remember is back home in the suburbs of northern Chicago, in the brutal summer haze of humidity. Every morning on my birthday, my room would be filled with balloons and I would wake up in a sweat, even though my bedroom fan is running and my window is open with summer breeze whisking in. I roll out of bed and head downstairs, seeing my parents and my sister hustling and bustling around in the kitchen making breakfast (my favorite). Dad would master the flip of the pancake so perfectly you would think it's a plastic pancake for display. Mom would flip the bacon with grease splattering on her piggy apron she has on. My sister would be either watching cartoons or help setting up the table. My two dogs, Buster (died in 9/3/14) and Spike would be wagging their tails to greet me. Breakfast would be rea...

Wait what?

March 4th, 2019 was going to be the day I'll never forget. I just got back from London with my husband on Saturday, March 2nd and I booked an appointment to see a gyno about my period. That appointment was scheduled for Monday and knowing my body, I knew that I wasn't pregnant because I had no symptoms (or so I thought). My body was just stressed out from my job and when my body is stressed, my period don't come. Like literally doesn't come until I'm relaxed. So by Monday, I went in for a regular check up and they asked me a shitload of basic questions like how often do you drink (I drink when I want to ok but honestly not that often), do I smoke, exercise and such. They asked me if I was pregnant before and that question kind of smacked me in the face. I knew it was coming and I wished they didn't ask it but they needed to know for my file. I said yes and I miscarried at 7.5 weeks also. It felt SO weird saying that and it hurts a little because my nugget woul...